If you haven’t seen an Aesthetician for ages, don’t worry. All you need, is to have access to all the products an Aesthetician would use if you had spent $65 for an hour's facial. And you do. You know me, Monica, your very own personal virtual Aesthetician. I have high quality, effective products that are affordable and really last.
How about doing a Peel and Mask at home?
Things you will need:
- A clean hand towel
- Peel and mask ( you can make your own )
- Cucumber slices ( optional )
- Fan brush and head band ( optional )
Decide when you are going to take time to pamper yourself. Tell your husband or a friend to take the kids out and make sure everyone knows that you can’t be disturbed for the next hour. No cooking, cleaning, laundry or finding everyone’s stuff for them. You are off duty.
Find some scented candles and put them around the room. Light them just before you start your facial. If you have an oil burner, you can dig it out of the closet and dust it off. Find some relaxing music to listen to. Switch off your phone and make a conscious decision to do this for yourself. Have a glass of wine if you like. No distractions. This is your time.
1. Use a cleanser and wash your face with warm water, and dry your face with a fresh towel. Paint 1/2 teaspoon of peel onto your face. Put the cucumber on your eyes to cool and nourish them. Leave this on for 10 minutes and then rinse in warm water with a face sponge or just use your hands.
2. Paint 1/2 teaspoon of mask onto your face and neck and leave for 20-30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
3. Spray some toner all over your face and neck and apply moisturizer.
Home facials will exfoliate the dead skin cells and stimulate the regrowth of the new skin much more rapidly than normal. We want to promote new skin cells so our skin looks smooth and fresh and younger. Moisturize your face and neck. You have helped your skin and hopefully you are in a calm and happy place now. Finish that wine and indulge yourself with a little chocolate. These are the times we should be having that little treat. It’s hard being a woman today with all the demands of family and working, so go ahead and treat yourself to a little break every week. You can even do it at the same time if that’s possible for you. You will find plenty of reasons not to do it, but how about all of those reason to do it!!